The RTI project
RTI (Regional Transport and Infrastructure) is a joint name for state-supported infrastructure projects. In 2006, Landskrona Town decided to take advantage of an agreed RTI contribution in order to modernize the infrastructure to the island of Ven which has resulted in Ventrafiken going through considerable changes during the last few years.
The whole project covers
• the rebuilding of the ferry, M/S Stjerneborg, to meet new demands (completed)
• a new terminal at Skeppsbron in Landskrona integrated with the bus stop for both local and regional buses (completed)
• a new terminal at Skeppsbro Quay in Landskrona. The building was designed by Fojab which was responsible for giving it a modern as well as attractive exterior consisting of large windows with oak and galvanized steel frames. Ventrafiken, the Landskrona-Ven tourist bureau and Skånetrafiken moved into the new terminal in the beginning of 2012 (completed)
• the building of a new ferry, M/S Uraniborg. You can read more about M/S Uraniborg in the following (completed)
• an adaptation of the ferry quay in the Bäckviken Harbour in Ven as well as a new terminal building. The project is expected to be completed in the late autumn/winter of 2012.